The QMI Hammer Blow Style Single Punch Units allow for the perforation of single lines of holes down a web that is moving continuously. The units are designed for use when higher gauge film and gusseted webs require a solid contact between plunger and die. Units having different throat depths can be set up in groups on one or both sides of a web to provide multiple lines of holes.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Utilizes an air cylinder, plunger and die to provide a momentary solid contact with the web.
- Provides excellent hole quality in heavy and gusseted films.
- Standard mounting bracket allows bolt-on installation on most bag machines and other equipment.
- Can be mounted on a floor stand to allow movement from line to line.
- Punches clean round, butterfly, cross cut and half moon holes from 1/8”through 7/16” in 1/16” increments.
- Standard air regulator, valve and manifold in 12V, 24V or 110V.
- When coupled with a QMI PLC Control System and optical encoder, various patterns can be created and very good hole quality can be produced.
- May also be controlled by a cam-mounted micro-switch or with a signal from a bag machine or other equipment.
- Dies can be re-sharpened to provide long lifecycles.
LARGER SIZE AVAILABLE
- Allows for holes up to 1-1/2" diameter.
- Uses a door knob style plunger.